Tuesday, February 24, 2015

Photoshop Blog




  During the process of making the butterfly, I learned how to change different colors and add different types of effects to the picture. Changing from Illustrator to Photoshop was an easy transition. I prefer Photoshop over Illustrator because of the easier navigation of tools and the wide variety of choices that come with Photoshop. I think Photoshop is the best use for making photos much better by putting in, or taking out objects. I think Illustrator has a much more different use. Illustrator is used for more creating objects and shapes such as logos.

  While I was making the Northwest overlay, I learned how to clean out the inside of a text and place a picture in the background. After finishing the Northwest overlay, it gave a very clean and professional finish to the project. If I were to do this project again in Illustrator I think I would have more trouble than photoshop. Once again, making the transition from Illustrator to Photoshop was fairly easy especially for this project. Putting overlays into photos with backgrounds can be very difficult in Illustrator, but in Photoshop there was a quick and easy way to do it.

  The ONW Compass was among one of the easier ones to make. It only required a few clicks and touch ups to make a very professional and clean look to it. I learned how to change the opacity from bolder to fading. While I was messing with the layers, I also learned how placing different pictures on different layers could give a much different look to the project. For example if I were to place the ONW letters in the front and the ONW Compass in the back it would give a much more awkward look to it than having the ONW Compass in the front. I think that using Photoshop instead of Illustrator was a lot easier for this project.

   This project was by far the most difficult out of the four. It required much more steps and more in depth explanations to do a good job on it. Using more than two pictures to fit onto one singular one proved more difficult than it seems. Especially since I tried to make it look more professional and clean. However, as difficult as this project was, I learned a few valuable skills.I learned how to trim photos in a specific shape rather than a square crop by using the layer mask tool. I also learned how to use the clone tool to delete specific parts of a picture. I think for this specific project I would've liked to use Illustrator to clean up some pictures before moving to Photoshop to finish it.

No comments:

Post a Comment