Friday, May 13, 2016

Animation: Personal Project Review

Intro:
The personal project review I chose to do is the final. The final was make a video using the skills we have learned throughout the year. It includes: Greenscreen, VFX, 3D Modeling, and a lot of editing. The final product looked a little like this:





The Process:
        The project took a lot of work to finish. Storyboarding the video was the first step followed by actually shooting the scenes needed. There were lots of bumps in the road that needed to be smoothed in aftereffects. Many of the shots were cut off and I had to find a way to fix it. After a lot of editing, matting, smoothing, and putting on the finishing touches, the video was finished. The video took a lot more work than expected but was still accomplishable.
        Throughout the project I learned that many of the projects that I will be doing will not turn out perfect or how I imaged it in my mind, but it is up to me to fix what needs to be fixed and learn on the job/ work with what I have. If I were to do something differently texted time, I would create a better work spread. In this project, almost all of the work/editing was placed on two of us. I would learn to spread the work evenly throughout the group next time we do a project like this again.

Thoughts and Conclusions:
        I think that this project had the potential to be very fun and intriguing. If this project were a solo project, it would've made the project much more enjoyable. I think doing whatever idea you wanted to do, no matter how much work, would've been much more enjoyable and efficient if it were something you'd wanted to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment